Thursday, May 13, 2010

sustainability visit

What is your name and our role here at the (farmers market, CSA, community garden?
My name is Michelle and my role here at the farmers market is to run my stand.

Why do you choose to shop/garden/support this CSA?
I choose to support this organization because its good for the earth im also a vegetarian so i like to be around all of these things, and i also do this to support the csa.

Did you ever choose to make a garden ? Why or Why not?
I actually tried that once but it didn't work out that well.

When did you begin to shop at farmers markets?
Well my sister introduced this to me about 3 years ago and every since then i shopped there.

What would be your advice to get others to do your job?
I would explain to them how much good were doing for the earth and, how shopping here is very healthy.

Blog Questions:
What struck you about the location you visited ? Was it what you expected or different?
The thing that struck me about the visit was how fresh the foods were and how the people looked so trust worthy of there food. Wat also struck me were the prices of the food, also that they had buckets of other things like bracelets.

Which items were cheaper than you expected? which items were more expensive?
The items that were cheaper than i expected were the fruit like apples, oranges ect.The items that were more expensive were the vegetables and some were sold by dozens.

>Do you think you will start going to a farmers market more often? Or using a community garden? Or supporting a CSA?Well i might start going to the farmers market more if my mom wants to because after all she buys the grocries.But when i get older i will shop there, about the csa's i will also ask my mom about supporting them.

How do these locations fit into our essential questions of "Why Don't People Live More Sustainably?" and "How Can I Convince them to do So?" These locations fit into this category because, everyone cant afford these foods and by the time they finish buying these items the will have little money for there staple foods.Well in a way you cant convince people to buy stuff they going to by what they need and what is reasonable for them the only thing i could do would be to encourage them.

6 comments:

  1. 1.) One of the things I really enjoyed about your Sustainability blog post is the person you chose. I thought it was smart to choose to interview somebody who not only supports CSA's but also shops at a farmers market- this must have given you guys a lot more to talk about, considering how involved in sustainable living Michelle seemed to be. Did this raise any questions for you? Did it make you wonder what inspired her to be so involved, and did it inspire you?

    2.) Reading your post made me think about my own involvement in sustainable living. I go to farmers markets, but maybe I should be doing more.

    3.) Here's another question for you; have you ever been involved in CSA's like Michelle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your sustainability interview! The lady seemed super nice (unlike mine :/!) and seemed to have all the perfect answers for your questions! When you said that the people were so trustworthy with their products, it made me think more about what would happen if someone took one of their products. Like what would they do, you know? I also noticed that the person you interviewed supported CSAs as well. This is interesting because that means she is super organic with her Farmer's Market selling AND her CSA supporting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was interesting on the last question how you related the farmers market to the food pyramid. It might be dangerous if people spend all their money on small quantities of expensive food, even if it is better for you. I liked that you talked about supporting a CSA! I thought that was super cool. Not many people I read about talked about a CSA, so I liked that you might go another step further.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the first question because I found humor in her answer about her role being "to run her stand". Also, like Emily said, I enjoyed how the person you interviewed not only sold at a CSA, but also shops at a Farmer's Market. One thing that made me think was how you said that the people there looked 'trustworthy' and I think that is important when you're buying food from someone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the person that you interviewed she seemed very nice(Good Choice).

    What made me think a lot was the part at the end because a sentence said that not every person can afford the food.

    I though that the fruits were gonna be moe expensive then the vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really liked the interview you did it seemed like the person really enjoyed the farmers market and all of its goodies. also i like the 3 extra questions you added they really worked as good interview questions.

    ReplyDelete