Monday, November 9, 2009


+

It’s Just a Way of Life

“A person who in the opinion of others, has her heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal.

When people think hero the automatically think Batman, Superman, Robin, a police man, you get the point right? Just someone fictional. But not me, my hero is Marti Harris (my mom). She is African American and, she is about 5’2.

The first thing I want to say about my mom is she is a very nice person, and I love her. I think everything my mom went through made her the strong person she is today. We were sitting in my mom’s warm room on the edge of the bed I could smell incents burning and candle wax when I started to ask her some questions about our life and how she felt about it. “Is it hard being a single mother, having to raise your children by your self?” She looked at me with a sad, long face just searching for the right answer. “Of course it is always easier when you have two incomes and its hard when you can’t get your kids what they want and sometimes what they need, also I think there should always be two parents in the home so that your child can have equal share of each parent.”

I can understand where she is coming from because I have experienced not being able to go certain places because I didn’t have enough money, or feeling left out because I don’t have two parents to raise me. “What is your motivation to keep going?” “Love was my motivating factor and the fact that you are my kids. I feel it is my job to meet all your needs.” “What was your overall drive? “My children and wanting them to have a better life than I did, I also want them to grow up and be strong, smart people.”

No comments:

Post a Comment